Issue 151 December 1st to March 1st 2022
Chain’s Page & Handybus
Interesting Bits 1
Interesting Bits 2
Library / Hub
Royal British Legion
Health with Liz
5 Reasons to Visit a Chiropractor This Holiday Season
Even though the holiday season is a blessing for most, many of us tend to get so wrapped up in running around and decking the halls that we forget to look after our family’s health. Here’s how visiting our practice can help keep your body healthy and happy in the coming weeks.
- Stress management. Between finding that oh-so-perfect gift for your loved one, planning meals and budgeting expenses, you’ll have your fair share of stress cut out for you. By visiting our practice, you can ensure that your nervous system is functioning optimally to better accommodate whatever comes your way.
- Travel. Now with seasonal travel seemingly back on the cards, if you’re planning a trip in the coming weeks, consider visiting our practice before you leave and after you return. Why? We’re often cramped in tight spaces, be it a plane, train or automobile, these tight squeezes can lead to muscle cramps and misalignments.
- Seasonal injuries. It may not be so obvious, but the holidays bring their own types of injuries—including strains from hanging decorations, wrapping presents and pulled muscles from lifting heavy boxes or shopping bags, sleeping in different beds or getting achy joints from being the unlucky one that gets placed on the fold out chair that emerges each year from the depths of the garage.
- Cold and flu. If you’re often sick over the holidays, it could be because your immune system gets run down in a number of ways. This could happen through a seasonal change in diet, getting less sunlight, taking less exercise and generally drinking less water. Chiropractors can help with advice and recommendations to keep you it in tip-top shape.
- Sluggish digestion. Yes, the holidays are for fun, family and frolicking – but let’s be honest, we’re bound to partake in our fair share of eating, drinking and being merry at the same time. This environment and frankly the proximity to some special seasonal treats can mean that some choices we make may not be as nutritious as what we would usually opt for. I know I’m not the only one who can sometimes have eyes bigger than their belly at this time of year!
Don’t let the season get the best of you—contact our practice today for your next appointment.
Have a Fantastic Festive period and we look forwards to seeing you soon!
Rebecca Mitchell –
Chiropractor Hungerford Chiropractic and Physiotherapy Healthcare
First Floor, The Croft Hall Hungerford, Berkshire RG17 0HY 01488 683 666